- This event has passed.
Shaw HR Consulting ADA Compliance Boot Camp 2024
February 27 - February 28
Shaw HR Consulting is pleased to offer additional dates for our in-person Shaw HR Consulting ADA Compliance Boot Camp 2024! This two-day boot camp sold out 4 months prior to the 2023 event, and is what all Human Resources and Risk Management professionals need to get their skills in shape (without the working out part). The training starts by building your foundational knowledge of employer obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and Fair Employment and Housing Act (FEHA) and then moves on to hone your core skills and strategies for success! This high-energy, solutions-focused, two-day training is an excellent way for both the newly appointed or seasoned disability compliance professional to get tooled or retooled, energized and ready to tackle the increasingly complex world of disability management.
Rachel Shaw is nationally known as a dynamic, enjoyable and knowledgeable expert in ADA/FEHA and leave laws. For this hands-on training, she will be joined by her experienced team to ensure that there is not only time with Rachel, but small group learning and practice opportunities. Rachel and her team will expertly guide you through how to create or enhance your disability compliance program to ensure your organization is compliant, efficient and effective when dealing with your growing number of requests for disability and leave accommodations.
Don’t miss this highly anticipated two-day boot camp. Spend the day with Rachel and her team, and you will leave feeling empowered, entertained and equipped with tangible tools to enhance your organization’s good work.
7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. – Registration and Breakfast
8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Building Your Core Knowledge
12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Refuel with lunch (Hosted)
1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. – Building Strength Areas to Tackle What Life Throws at You
4:30 p.m. Post workout cocktail hour reception (Hosted)
7:30 a.m. – 8:30 a.m. – Breakfast
8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Working Through the Hard Stuff
12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. – Carb Loading with Lunch (Hosted)
1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m. – The Cool Down to Ensure Survival
ABOUT YOUR BOOT CAMP CONSULTANTS:
- Rachel Shaw – President and Principal Consultant
- Rachel Shaw is the President and Principal Consultant of Shaw HR Consulting, Incorporated. With more than 20 years of executive-level Human Resources experience, Rachel is recognized nationwide as a leader in helping public and private sector employers manage their most challenging disability-related personnel issues.
- Alison Dobner – Managing Consultant
- Alison Dobner provides critical and valued support to clients, as well as her team at Shaw HR Consulting. Alison ensures the Consulting team has the training, support and resources needed so they can focus on exceeding client expectations.
- Rikke Bovre – Senior Consultant
- Rikke Bovre is a Senior Consultant with Shaw HR Consulting, Incorporated and performs the full range of disability interactive process activities for clients. She is a key leader in the company managing difficult, often emotional and always complex disability interactive processes.
- Matthew McSorley – Consultant
- Matthew McSorley heads the Essential Functions Position Analysis® (EFPA®) unit where he creates complex and descriptive documents that define the traditional physical, mental and emotional demands of a position. These documents are a key tool in the ADA Disability Interactive Process to assist employees, employers and medical providers to understand and compare essential functions of a job against specific work restrictions / functional limitations.
Shaw HR Consulting has been approved by the State Bar of California to provide MCLE credits for its trainings.
Shaw HR Consulting is recognized by SHRM to offer Professional Development Credits (PDCs) for the SHRM-CPSM and SHRM-SCPSM. Shaw HR Consulting trainings are also eligible for points for IPMA-HR Certified Professionals (IPMA-CP) and IPMA-HR Senior Certified Professionals (IPMA-SCP).